Todays the girls learned about euphemisms and we had fun learning what that meant. We discussed “political correctness” and realized that a lot of what we say today can be defined as euphemistic.
After we went through several examples of euphemisms, the girls picked out euphemisms from a set of sentences and then we discussed what each one meant. The final assignment was to create 5 unique euphemisms. Here are the best ones from each girl.
- Deanna – “chronologically-challenged” – late
- Bailey – “socially inept” – rude
- Amanda – “cosmetically challenged” – ugly
- Tashanna – “after-death care provider” – funeral director
- Gabby – “different enabled” – handicapped